Focus on Energy® partners with Wisconsin utility companies to promote and encourage people and businesses across the state to make smart energy choices. They offer financial incentives to those who are eligible and make moves towards energy-efficiency and using renewable resources at their homes and businesses.
Their incentives and partnerships with over 100 utilities across the state have helped in supporting Wisconsinites in completing projects they may never have finished if it weren’t for the support and resources of the Focus on Energy program.
What are the Eligibility Requirements for Homeowners?
There are a few things homeowners must have to be eligible for the Focus on Energy incentive package for home efficiency updates.
- At least 600 sq. ft. of attic area must be improved
- The existing condition of your attic must be at an R19 or less
- Must be a customer of a FOE participating utility
- A FOE Trade Ally must make the improvements
- 51% of heating cost must be through a participating utility
Not all utilities are eligible for rebates through Focus on Energy®
Your participating gas and electric utilities are eligible for rebates. However, LP/propane, wood, or oil utilities are ineligible.
Some participating utilities in First American’s coverage area will offer additional rebates:
- Richland Electric Cooperative – Up to $500 http://www.rec.coop/content/rebates
- Vernon Electric Cooperative – Up to $500 https://vernonelectric.org/rebates
- Xcel Energy – Will match up to 60% of incentives given by Focus on Energy®
There are also two incentive tiers that homeowners may be eligible for.
There is the Standard Tier 1 where homeowners can earn up to $1550, and Tier 2 offers up to $2,000 in rebates for income-eligible customers.
For more information, check out this handy-dandy infographic!
First American Roofing is happy to be partnered with Focus on Energy to encourage all Wisconsinites to improve their home’s performance and efficiency—contact us if you’re interested!