With spring around the corner, it isn’t just fresh flowers and warmer days heading our way. We are also prepping for lots and lots of rainfall. That doesn’t just mean that we are pulling out our rain boots. It’s also time to double-check your gutters!
While you may not think of it often, your gutter system is a vital part of keeping your home protected from water damage. However, when your gutters are damaged or past their prime, you are putting your roof and siding at risk for some serious water damage. The solution?
Luckily, these days, you have lots of options when it comes to gutter styles. Our favorite? Definitely seamless gutters.
If you’re wondering, “What are seamless gutters?” you are not alone. But we are here today to help turn you into a gutter expert!
What Are Seamless Gutters?
So, what exactly are seamless gutters? In many ways, seamless gutters are the same as the traditional gutters that you already have on your home. Just like regular gutters, seamless gutters are placed at your roof edge to catch the water rolling off of your roof. It then diverts the water away from your home in order to protect the exterior.
The difference is that traditional gutters come in short, pre-cut sections that have to be assembled together. Seamless gutter systems, on the other hand, are made of a single piece of metal without any grooves or places that need to be sealed. Seamless gutters are also sometimes referred to as continuous gutters
What Are the Benefits of Seamless Gutters?
Seamless gutters are becoming more and more popular, and for good reason! Here are just some of the benefits you can expect to get when you invest in seamless rain gutters:
- No More Leaky Gutters – One of the biggest challenges of regular gutters is that the seams are prone to breaking down over time. This can lead to leaks that can damage the side of your home and prevent water from draining properly.
- Low Maintenance – If you hate spending time fixing your gutters, installing seamless gutters might be the right choice for you. Not only are they less prone to breakage, but they also require less cleaning.
- Long Lifespan – Whenever ou are investing in your home, you want to be certain that it will last. That is absolutely the case when you choose a seamless gutter system! Most gutters only last for about 20 years, whereas seamless gutters can last an extra decade or so!
- Amazing Curb Appeal – Because of their sleek design, seamless gutters are a great choice if you are looking to boost the curb appeal of your home.
What Are the Downsides of Seamless Gutters?
What goes up must come down! While the benefits of seamless gutters are non-negotiable, they have some downsides, too, including:
- Price – Seamless gutters are more expensive than other styles. Don’t forget to factor in seamless gutter installation costs, as well, when making your budget!
- Requires a Professional – Unlike standard gutters, seamless gutters require professional installation in order to ensure that your home is fully protected.
- Expensive Repairs – While seamless gutters are more durable and last longer than their counterparts, it’s worth noting that they are significantly more expensive to fix after becoming damaged, as the entire gutter system has to be removed.
How Much Do Seamless Gutters Cost?
If you are anything like us, your biggest concern is the price tag. And while seamless gutters can be expensive, they are a relatively affordable upgrade for your home.
The average seamless gutter cost lies somewhere between $3-$15 per square foot. While that may seem like a wide range, your actual cost will depend greatly on the type of material that you choose for your seamless gutters. For example, vinyl gutters will sit at the lower end of that spectrum, whereas a high-end material such as copper gutters will be much more expensive.
Get a Professional Gutter Installation
Ready to upgrade to a gutter system that you can count on? First American Roofing and Siding is here to install seamless gutters, as well as help you with any and all of your roofing needs. Contact us today to receive a free estimate for your gutter installation!