Project Manager – First American Roofing and Siding
First American Roofing and Siding is an established leader in the exterior residential home remodeling industry in the La Crosse WI area and we are growing! Work for La Crosse’s leading exterior remodeling contractor within a friendly, respectful, family-oriented work environment.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager to join our leadership team. A successful candidate will demonstrate a history of career growth, increasing responsibilities, leadership and successful completion of various project types. Must be highly organized and have experience in construction management and leadership. No overnight travel required. We also offer paid vacation time, paid holidays and a matching retirement plan!
● Review contracts and work orders thoroughly. Assign to Project Superintendent and determine appropriate crew.
● Manage production schedule for all sold jobs according to sales date. Keep production schedule up to date at all times.
● Notify homeowners of the project start date and keep them informed of any changes.
● Schedule subcontractors as required.
● Submit permit requests as required.
● Accurately order materials as required within the appropriate timeline of the job to ensure
materials arrive prior to job starting.
● Notify homeowners of any changes encountered once job has started. Create change order and
pricing in Acculynx and obtain customer’s digital signature for anything outside of the initial
contract before work proceeds.
● Perform job site visits to ensure crews and foremen are on task to complete jobs on time and to
First American’s standards of quality.
● Upload job photos and other job documentation to the system, as required.
● Follow OSHA safety standards and notify foreman or subcontractor immediately if you witness
any violations at job sites.
● Be cognizant of man hours and materials to stay within the budgeted time and cost of goods.
● Manage and direct Project Superintendent
- Pulls permits
- Coordinates dump trailers
- Manages material returns
● Manage each job as if it were your own project.
● Effectively communicate with homeowners, subcontractors, crew and coworkers.
● Be respectful of others and property at all times.
● Represent the company in a positive way demonstrating our values at all times.
● Ensure successful outcome of every job regardless of size and ensure customers expectations
have been met or exceeded.
● Teach crews to exceed production expectations.
● Develop new systems to reach company goals.
● Ensure all crews have all necessary tools and materials for the jobs.
● Demonstrate leadership qualities (including but not limited to motivating crews, keeping them
on task, assisting with crew members learning new job skills, etc.)
● Ability to communicate effectively – text, email, phone availability.
● Conflict resolution with homeowners, subcontractors and coworkers
● Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
● Time management
● Willingness to accept ideas and adapt to changes
● Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Gmail, Google Calendar is a plus
● Knowledge and comfort with computers and software – Project Management Software –
● Construction Management Education or equivalent experience
● Ability to understand and follow written and oral instruction/communication
● Ability to perform repetitive functions of standing, walking, sitting, bending, lifting, reaching
grasping, pulling and/or pushing continuously
● Ability to interact successfully with co-workers
● Ability to work scheduled hours
● Maintains the work environment in a safe manner and follow safety procedures